Prof. dr. Eveline Crone
Erasmus chair at Erasmus University Rotterdam since 2020
Professor of neurocognitive developmental psychology at Leiden University since 2009. 25 PhDs supervised
Professor in Neurocognitive and Affective Adolescent development, sponsored by the Neurofederation, University of Amsterdam, 2009-2014.
- Vice-President of the Scientific Council of the European Research Council for the domain of Social Sciences and Humanities (2019-2023)
- Academic Lead Healthy Start Convergence Program (collaboration Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus University Medical Center and TUDelft) (2021-)
- President of the Flux International Society for Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (2023-2025)
- President of the Young Academy of the Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) (2009-2011)
- Member of the Board of Advisors, Lorentz Center, Leiden University (since 2014)
- Member of the Scientific Board of Advisors, NIAS-KNAW (since 2014)
- Chairman NWO committee Brain, Cognition and Education (since 2015)
- Chairman (“Boegbeeld”) National Science Agenda Route Neurolab (since 2015)
- Member of the European Research Council Scientific Council (since 2017)
- Distinguished Scholar Award of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society (2022): https://socialaffectiveneuro.org/awards/
- NVP Award for Exceptional Contributions to Brain and Cognition Sciences (2021): http://societyforbrainandcognition.nl/
- Spinoza award (2017)
- Ammodo award in Social Sciences (2017)
- Member of KNAW (since 2013)
- Elected member of the Academia Europaea (The Academia Europaea is a European, non-governmental association academy of scientists and scholars who collectively aim to promote learning, education and research (2000 members, 40 Nobel laureates)
- Early Career Award of the Society for Psychophysiological Research (2011)
- Early Career Award National Network of Female Professors (2011)
- Huibregtsen Award for Excellence in Science and Communication (previously known as award for Science and Society) (2009)
- Junior Heymans Early Career Award, Netherlands Institute for Psychology (2008)
- J.C. Ruygrok award, Royal Dutch Society of Sciences and Humanities (KNAW) (2007)
- Brain development
Crone, E.A. & Dahl, R. E. (2012).Understanding adolescence as a period of social-affective engagement and goal flexibility. Nature Reviews Neuroscience, 13, 636-650.
Crone, E. A. (2013). Considerations of fairness in the adolescent brain. Child Development Perspectives 7 (2): 97-103.
Crone, E.A. (2014). The role of the medial frontal cortex in the development of cognitive and social-affective performance monitoring. Psychophysiology, 51, 943-950.
Crone, E.A., Wendelken, C., Donohue, S.E., Van Leijenhorst, L., & Bunge, S.A. (2006). Neurocognitive development of the ability to manipulate information in working memory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 103, 9325-9330.
Ridderinkhof, K.R., Ullsperger, M., Crone, E.A., & Nieuwenhuis, S. (2004). The role of the medial frontal cortex in cognitive control. Science, 306, 443-449.
Crone, E.A. (2008). Het puberende brein: Over de ontwikkeling van de hersenen in de unieke periode van de adolescentie. Uitgeverij Bert Bakker/ Prometheus.
Crone, E.A. (2012). Het sociale brein van de puber. Uitgeverij Bert Bakker/ Prometheus.