Prof. dr. Eveline Crone
Professor of neurocognitive developmental psychology at Leiden University since 2009. 13 PhDs supervised
Professor in Neurocognitive and Affective Adolescent development, sponsored by the Neurofederation, University of Amsterdam, 2009-2014.
Personal website: www.brainanddevelopmentlab.nl
- Member of the Education Advisory Program (PROO), Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO)
- President of the Young Academy of the Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) (2009-2011)
- Head of the department of Developmental Psychology, Leiden University (since 2010)
- Member of the Board of Advisors, Lorentz Center, Leiden University (since 2014)
- Member of the Scientific Board of Advisors, NIAS-KNAW (since 2014)
- Chairman NWO committee Brain, Cognition and Education (since 2015)
- Chairman (“Boegbeeld”) National Science Agenda Route Neurolab (since 2015)
- Member of the European Research Council Scientific Council (since 2017)
- Spinoza award (2017)
- Ammodo award in Social Sciences (2017)
- Member of KNAW (since 2013)
- Elected member of the Academia Europaea (The Academia Europaea is a European, non-governmental association academy of scientists and scholars who collectively aim to promote learning, education and research (2000 members, 40 Nobel laureates)
- Early Career Award of the Society for Psychophysiological Research (2011)
- Early Career Award National Network of Female Professors (2011)
- Huibregtsen Award for Excellence in Science and Communication (previously known as award for Science and Society) (2009)
- Junior Heymans Early Career Award, Netherlands Institute for Psychology (2008)
- J.C. Ruygrok award, Royal Dutch Society of Sciences and Humanities (KNAW) (2007)
- Brain development
Crone, E.A. & Dahl, R. E. (2012).Understanding adolescence as a period of social-affective engagement and goal flexibility. Nature Reviews Neuroscience, 13, 636-650.
Crone, E. A. (2013). Considerations of fairness in the adolescent brain. Child Development Perspectives 7 (2): 97-103.
Crone, E.A. (2014). The role of the medial frontal cortex in the development of cognitive and social-affective performance monitoring. Psychophysiology, 51, 943-950.
Crone, E.A., Wendelken, C., Donohue, S.E., Van Leijenhorst, L., & Bunge, S.A. (2006). Neurocognitive development of the ability to manipulate information in working memory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 103, 9325-9330.
Ridderinkhof, K.R., Ullsperger, M., Crone, E.A., & Nieuwenhuis, S. (2004). The role of the medial frontal cortex in cognitive control. Science, 306, 443-449.
Crone, E.A. (2008). Het puberende brein: Over de ontwikkeling van de hersenen in de unieke periode van de adolescentie. Uitgeverij Bert Bakker/ Prometheus.
Crone, E.A. (2012). Het sociale brein van de puber. Uitgeverij Bert Bakker/ Prometheus.